STAR FACILITIES OF COLLEGE
Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Subharti Institute of journalism and Mass Communication is aesthetically designed with Spaciously built lecture-rooms-cum-demonstration rooms, fully equipped editing and new releasing studio, library and modern software, and ample opportunities for overall development of its budding professional student The Institute manages Modern computer lab P-IV networking system, 24 hours Internet LAN (Local Area Network) facility with 100% power backup.
Mass communication studio
Ganesh Shankar Vidhyarti Subharti Institute of journalism and Mass Communication is equipped with the modern, state-of-art Technological Facilities so as to offer its students the finest possible practical training in various branch of communication. These are:-
Sound Studio: In order to expand practical knowledge of our students, it arranges sound editing machine, Mixer, DVD recorders and writers, Headphone, Microphones, and much more.
News Room: Its News Room is equipped with modern teleprinters so as to render flow less news
Shooting Unit: It is equipped with the latest cameras, component monitors and accessories. Still Photography Lab, Audio Video & clipping library.
Editing Room: High tech four PD 170 & two 177video cameras and editing facilities with seven FCP/ FCE work stations. In order to provide practical knowledge about editing, it has video editing rooms with latest machine sufficient sample of several popular Hindi and English news papers, Magazines, Books and electronic equipment.
Computer Laboratory: Its media Lab equipped with latest hi-tech hardware & software gives opportunity to the students to explore their relativity and intelligence.
Shooting Studio: Well equipped television studio with chroma / real stage and three camera set-up
Facilities provided by GSVSIJMC
· Well qualified faculties having vast experience of academic and professional world.
· Interaction with renowned media professionals and other prominent personalities.
· On –line training in electronic media.
· Active journalism training in Print and Electronic Media.
· Reporting trips.
· Educational tours.
· Workshops and seminars.
Features of syllabus
· Focus on print, electronic and web journalism.
· Based on UGC Model Curriculum.
· Practical based study programmes.
· Industry oriented curriculum.
· Special provision for practical training in Radio/ TV Channels and newspapers.
· Focus on projects, media survey and research.
Practical training opportunity
GSVSIJMC is the only college which provides a unique practical training to the students in collaboration with Subharti Media-
· Dainik Prabhat : Oldest existing Hindi Daily News Paper of Meerut. It is also published from Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Moradabad and Dehardun.
· Saba Prabhat : Prominent Urdu daily of western Uttar Pradesh.
· Watan de Shan Prabhat : First Punjabi Daily News Paper of Meerut.
· Subharti TV: Entertainment National Satellite Channel.
· Print Journalism (Newspapers and Magazine etc)
· Electronic Media (Radio, Television),
· Script writing,
· Web Journalism,
· Film Journalism,
· Development Journalism,
· Advertising and public Relation,
· Media Survey
· Research etc
100% placement assistance is provided to all. O ur students have been successfully got the job opportunities in leading Media organizations like Zee News, NDTV, India TV, Ecomomic Times, Dainik Jagran , Amar Ujala, Hindustan, The Pioneer, Rashtriya Sahara, Prabhat, Subharti TV.etc.